Initiatives in the recent past
- To overcome the difficulty on the access of actual statistics, the Council has initiated action to developon-line database with the information of the Colleges, students and the Universities in the State.(Committee to evolve modalities for online data base)
- With a view to maintain transparency and systemise the financial and accounting procedures uniformly to allthe Universities in the State and software thereon, the Council has prepared a report on Common Accountingand Finance Rules. (Committee on common Accounting and Finance Rules)
- To strengthen quality in Higher Education and to compete with other Universities, the Council hasinitiated action to re-draft the AP Universities Act considering the changes and issues in academic and administrative scenario.(Committee to study the Acts of other States and re-draft A.P.University Act)
- To maintain uniformity on the powers and functions of various Authorities and Officers in the University, theCouncil has prepared model statutes of the universities. (Committee to prepare model statutes)
- To regulate the admissions in the research programs, the Council has prepared common regulations foradmission of students into Ph.D. programs in the Universities.(Committee to prepare Regulations for admission into Ph.D.)
- With a view to prevent delay in admissions and also save the time of the students for attending thecounselling as per their convenience and choice in any centre, the Council has introduced online facility in admissions.